How To Get Rid Of A Cold
Getting a cold is hard, and at times it can be tough working with a cold, so learning how to get rid of a cold is a good thing, but even better is avoiding contracting the cold at all. Colds are disastrous not because they have severe symptoms, but because the symptoms are less severe and you think you can overlook them and continue living normally, but then end up weak and sick in bed.
Prevention as a way to get rid of a cold
Prevention is better than a cure – that is the rule. Viruses that cause a cold are usually transmitted through either touch or airborne (think sneezes). Hands are the main transmitter, as is contact with inanimate objects such as door knobs, computers and so on. Paying attention to the mode of transmission is recommended so that you know the best way to avoid contracting the germs.
- While there is no known actual cure for a cold, Vitamin C is known to alleviate the symptoms and make the cold more bearable.
- Wash your hands regularly and wipe them with clean cloths, especially if you are working around people who are already infected.
- Use of antibacterial soaps is very helpful in elimination of viruses that cause common colds. A lotion that contains pyroglutamic acid is very effective in killing viruses, even ones that are introduced hours later.
- Keep a healthy dietary regime that involves use of natural supplements and avoiding foods that are generally toxic to the body. Susceptibility to the cold virus is usually a result of a poor immune system.
- Lastly but not the least, ensure that you get enough sleep.
- Do you like chicken noodle soup? Well, a hot cup helps relieve nasal congestion and prevents dehydration; also the soup is good for the entire body.
How To Get Rid of A Cold Using Home remedies
We know there are different head cold remedies that explain how to get rid of a cold. The important thing is to make sure that the remedy is safe and healthy.
- Honey and lime- add 1 teaspoon of honey and 2-3 drops of lime into one cup of warm water, drink this solution when warm. The honey and lime help relieve a runny nose and cough as well.
- Ginger- chewing ginger is a great runny nose treatment; the ginger drains the nose and maintains normal body temperature.
- Menthol steam- Get a bowl of hot steaming water and add menthol, cover your head with a piece of cloth over the bowl of steaming menthol and inhale the steam slowly. This helps to get out the mucous leaving the nose dry. You can also chew mint flavored gum, this helps to keep your chest unblocked allowing you to breathe easily.
How to get rid of a cold; know the symptoms
These are the symptoms that you will experience once you have a cold attack. These symptoms vary from one person to the other depending on factors such as level of immunity and general overall health.
Sore throat, a persistent cough and sneezing are common cold symptoms. Others include headache, fatigue and mild fever. Once you have known the facts, figuring out how to get rid of a cold will be easy.